A few weeks ago I started my Take Shape For Life journey and at first I was struggling for interesting recipes to make for my “Lean and Green” meal. Now that I am about to be at the end of my 3rd week, I am way more comfortable with knowing what makes up one of those meals and actually becoming a little more adventurous with the foods I try. I have REALLY been craving pasta, but looking for a good alternative.
I saw a video on Facebook where they made a similar dish to the one I am sharing with you today, but I didn’t like some of the things they used so I altered it for myself and I am thrilled with how it turned out. This Shrimp and Zucchini “Pasta” is amazingly delicious and full of flavor. It will be a dish I make on repeat for years to come.
- 1 large or 2 small Zucchini squash
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning (dried basil, oregano, rosemary, marjoram, cilantro, thyme, savory and red pepper flakes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Using a spiral vegetable slicer, creating the noodles out of the zucchini.
- In a large bowl, mix the zucchini strips, shrimp, olive oil, and all dry ingredients.
- On a roasting tray, spread the mixture into one even layer and bake for 8 minutes.
I topped it with a little parmesan cheese and ate every single bite. I don’t think I have ever been this satisfied with a lean and green meal. The Shimp and Zucc “pasta” was hearty and delicious and I didn’t feel like I was missing out on real noodles at all. I love the crunchiness of the zucchini combined with the softness of the shrimp. If you try this recipe, let me know in the comments!
My Newest Addiction at times reviews products provided by PR companies. This is disclosed at the top of those posts. We also use affiliate links. For more, please see the disclosure page.