Getting the perfect makeup for a date doesn’t require the most expensive beauty counters. You can go to your local Walgreens and find everything you need. The #WalgreensBeauty aisle seems never ending and has so many great brands from which to choose. I don’t have loyalty to one brand over another so I pick up a little from each! Equal opportunity beauty addict over here! :) The products I picked up on my most recent visit were the Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation, Covergirl Bombshell Volume mascara, Wet n Wild Walking On Eggshells eyeshadow trio, a Maybelline Color Tattoo, L’Oreal Lineur Intense liner, L’Oreal Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick, and a Milani Illuminating Face Powder (that looks pretty as blush). Those are the products I am going to be using in my Date Night look.
1. Start with clean, moisturized skin. I apply my favorite serum and eye cream before continuing with any makeup look.
2. I use a damp sponge to apply the Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation all over. I apply thin layers until I have built up the coverage I like. As you see, it takes away all of my redness and evens out my skin really well.
3. Apply an eyeshadow base. I use the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded. It is a cream eyeshadow, but I find that it doesn’t budge and provides the perfect amount of pigmentation to rid my eyes of redness.
4. Apply the Walking On Eggshells trio from Wet n Wild the way the eyeshadows are marked (i. e. Eyelid on eyelid, Crease on crease, and Browbone on browbone). You can skip this step if the cream eyeshadow is enough for you. I have hooded eyelids so I like to add dimension with the crease shade to give the appearance of a shadow/socket while my eyes are opened.
5. Before I go on to eyeliner I like to define my brows. I use a dark brown (slightly cool-toned) eyeshadow and an angled liner brush for this, whatever you already have in your collection will do. I feel like my brows really frame my eye and my eyeliner will look wrong sometimes if I do it first.
6. Draw on your eyeliner. I went for a pretty cat eye/kitten flick with the L’Oreal Lineur Intense. I think it adds a bit of flirty-ness to the look. It is a date night, after all! :P
7. Apply your mascara. I used the Covergirl Bombshell Volume mascara that has two steps. You want nice, long, flirty lashes. If you want, an additional step that packs a big punch are false lashes. I was going to apply some in this look but I was happy with the look of my lashes after just the mascara.
8. No one is perfect, take a q-tip and clean up any smudges you may have made. Also apply a 2nd coat of mascara. LASHES, LASHES, LASHES!
9. A new product that just came out is the L’Oreal Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick. I wanted to stay on trend for spring with this look so I used Purple Prelude, which is a perfect Radiant Orchid shade (which Pantone named Color of the Year).
10. Apply your blush! In my case I used the Milani Illuminating Face Powder which makes for perfectly flushed cheeks with a good amount of sheen.
11. If you have oily or combination skin, like myself, you want to take this time to powder down your t-zone to keep your makeup looking perfect for longer. I don’t necessarily want my skin to be matte but I don’t want to look wet in a few hours either.
Overall, I am really excited how this look turned out. I love that the products I used were affordable for every woman and came from my local Walgreens! When I came out into the living room, where my husband was waiting patiently, he was so sweet and told me I looked beautiful. We have been together for almost 12 years and we both find date nights to be extremely important. It helps us both appreciate each other and keep our love alive!
Let me know if you would like to see a review on any of the products I used in this look. Also tell me in the comments what type of look you rock on Date Night!
My Newest Addiction at times reviews products provided by PR companies. This is disclosed at the top of those posts. We also use affiliate links. For more, please see the disclosure page.