I mentioned last week that I picked up a lipstick from the Wet n Wild Fergie Centerstage collection, but I also picked up one other item that I wanted to show you. Rose Champagne Glow is a beautiful highlighter that I think most people can enjoy.
The packaging is sort of large. If I place it in the center of my hand it covers my entire palm and then some.
The product itself seems less refined and chalky, and I must agree that it doesn’t feel nice when doing finger swatches -B U T- it looks awesome on the skin. The texture may not feel refined but the effect it gives off sure is!
It gives a look of a lit-from-within glow. Really amazing if you ask me. And even though this is a pink highlighter it really appears to look like a fairly neutral shade that would work for anyone.
I would say that this is my favorite product from the entire Centerstage Collection. It really reminds me of a Mineralize SkinFinish from MAC or another high end baked highlighter.
I give the Wet n Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection highlighter in Rose Champagne Glow 4 out of 5 stars. I am only taking off 1 point due to the initial gritty texture. Still a fabulous product overall!
Did you pick anything up from this collection?
I love luminous skin so highlighters and luminizers are something that is in my regular routine. theBalm’s Mary Lou-Manizer is a beautiful one!
theBalm always does a great job on packaging and on Mary Lou-Manizer there is a beautiful blonde with a 1950′s-esque look. It is simple packaging other than that. You open the compact to a nice large mirror and the product inside. This compact holds a lot of product with 0.3 oz. That is twice the size of your typical blush or highlighter.
The powder is wonderfully pigmented and very soft and almost creamy. It is a pale champagne with a hint of gold.
If you have seen this in person and swatched it at a store you may thing that it is frosty, strong, or just too much but I assure you when applied with a light hand or even just blended out the effect is gorgeous. On the left side of my arm you can see the beautiful sheered out swatch as compared to the blunt swatch on the right.
Because of the versatility you can use this not only to highlight your face, lips or decollete; you can also use Mary Lou-Manizer as an eyeshadow. It would made a beautiful lid color to be blended with a dirty gold in the crease.
theBalm Mary Lou-Manizer retails for $24 and can be found at thebalm.com, Zappos, Nordstrom, ModCloth, as well as any other location that carries the brand. I am very fond of it and give it 5 out of 5 stars. It is versatile, beautiful and can suite most skin tones.
What is your favorite luminizer/highlighter of the moment?
*The product mentioned in this post was purchased by me, all opinions are my own. I am making use of some affiliate links.
I haven’t done a “Monthly Favorites” in a couple of months. I have really just been unmotivated. The things that I love are the things that I review. I don’t review LOTS of things I try because I don’t feel compelled to talk about them. I am going to let this post stand as my past two months of favorites. My Newest Addiction’s Favorite Highlighters and Bronzers.
I tried to stick to the things I reach for the most. That being said, I try to use something different all the time for review purposes but these are my tried and true. I numbered the next picture because that is the only way I could keep this post semi-organized without telling you over and over which was what.
(1) Rouge Bunny Rouge Sea of Nectar is a gorgeous highlight that is somewhere between a rose gold color and a light copper. It has a fabulous refined shimmer/sheen and smells delightful. Because of the actual shade people may tend to wear it more in the summer but it really is beautiful all year round. I started wearing it during the winter months and I loved it. It retails for $55 for 30ml of product at beautyhabit.com and zuneta.com.
(2) Guerlain Meteorites in Teint Beige is a beautiful product. A lot of times I use it as an all over face powder, but when I go for a matte look I love to highlight with this product because it doesn’t take away from the matte effect, it just really illuminates the high points of the face. The best way I can describe it is glowy. It retails for $58 and is sold at Nordstrom, Sephora, and anywhere else Guerlain is sold.
(3) Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous is a gorgeous Limited Edition rose gold highlighter. It has a gorgeous metallic (but can be subtle) shimmer/sheen. You can find Laura Mercier products at Sephora, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales, and anywhere else Laura Mercier Cosmetics are sold.
(4) NARS Copacabana Illuminator is absolutely gorgeous. I don’t have this in full size. I got a generous sample of this from Sephora a while back and will be purchasing the full size very soon. This one is close to being dried up because the container they stick them in aren’t air tight. I have had it a long time now but a little goes a long way. It retails for $30 and can be found at NARS, Sephora, Nordstrom, Beauty.com, Barney’s, and anywhere else NARS is sold.
(5) Edward Bess Ultra Luminous Daydream Bronzer is a gorgeous bronzer. The one I have is in the older packaging. It is best described as a subtle tan color. This bronzer retails for $45 and the only place that I know that sells this is Sephora.
(6) Too Faced Chocolate Soliel bronzer in Chocolate is a gorgeous matte medium-deep colored bronzer. It smells like chocolate (and even tastes like it–no I didn’t lick it but when the particles are flying in the air you can taste it!) It is actually made with real cocoa in it so that is fabulous. It retails for $29 and you can find it at a lot of locations. SkincareRX, Sephora, Ulta, and anywhere else you can find Too Faced products.
Here are the swatches in order, left to right, of the way they are numbered in the pictures above.
RBR SoN, Guerlain Ballz, LM RR, NARS Copacabana, EB Daydream, TF Chocolate Soliel.
Same order as above, but indoors with flash.
They are gorgeous aren’t they? What is your favorite highlighter and bronzer? I would love to know! I am always expanding my collection. Tell me in the comments below!
*This post was not sponsored in any way, each of the items I purchased with my own money. I am, however, making use of affiliate links.
I go through phases with my makeup obsession. Sometimes I am totally focused on mascara, eyeshadows take over for a month or two here and there… currently my focus is on highlighters. I haven’t skipped a day of highlighting in almost a month. I have about 15-20 different highlighters and I picked out my top 5 powder highlighters as well as my top 5 liquid highlighters.
Guerlain Meteorites in Teint Beige
I can not say enough good things about these little balls of fabulosity. I held off on purchasing these for so long because I was just confused as to what they were. I believe these are technically just a face powder but they do add a good bit of luminosity (which is why I included them in with my highlighters). For those days that I am wearing a completely matte face I do add this powder to the features I want to stand out. Meteorites give me a radiant look and keep the look very subtle and sophisticated.
Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous
Is it bad form to include a LE product in a favorites post? Possibly. I am sorry but it is gorgeous. I have heard it is similar to Estee Lauder Modern Mercury and the new MAC Superb MSF. It is gorgeous though. Looks almost metallic but definitely looks glorious on the cheek bones or down the nose. I even use this as an eyeshadow. The pigmentation is amazing and is honestly my very favorite of all my powder highlighters. Not to mention that it is beautiful in the pan.
theBalm Mary Lou-Manizer
This is one I purchased because it was so hyped up by the online beauty community. I got it at TJ Maxx for half retail price but I can honestly say that it is worth every penny of it’s full retail value. Very nice, buttery, smooth and sooo beautiful on the skin. Definitely worth a swatch if you see it in person.
MAC Blonde Mineralize Skinfinish
And yes… the MSF’s in this post are also LE but aren’t just about all MAC products? Again sorry! But I love this. It is a beautiful cool toned pink highlight. There are four different hues of a cool toned pink in this pan and I loooove it. It is also pigmented enough to wear as blush but it is soooo shimmery that I restrict it’s usage to highlighting.
MAC Refined Mineralize Skinfinish
This is my go-to highlight for a warmer look. It is pretty and also subtle. Much less subtle from the fore-mentioned Blonde MSF. It is something that I wouldn’t be able to use as a blush but it can definitely hold it’s own as a highlighter.
Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer #10
This is a newer product for me. I usually mix just a tiny little smidge in with my foundation but I have used it as a highlight and I find it gorgeous. It is a little bit noticeable as a highlight though–and for me that is not exactly what I am going for when I highlight. I want something that is a more natural highlight–where it looks like I am “lit from within.”
Rouge Bunny Rouge Sea of Nectar
Ahhhh…. what can I say? I adore this highlighter. It is probably THE highlighter that I reach for the most. It is shimmery but subtle. High shine but easy to wear. Gosh… the QUINTESSENTIAL highlighter for me. Thank you Rouge Bunny Rouge, thank you!
Clarins Instant Light Complexion Perfector in Champagne Bronze
This is my GO TO product for layering under my foundation but on the occasions that I have used it as a highlight on my cheek bones I have found it absolutely flattering as well. Luminosity without noticeability. A very difficult balance that this does effortlessly.
NARS Orgasm Illuminator
This is one that I don’t use all that much but it doesn’t mean that it isn’t beautiful. I don’t really like the blush from the brand in the same name but this Illuminator is very nice.
NARS Copacabana Illuminator
This is probably my favorite from NARS’ line of Illuminators. It has an iridescence that isn’t easily duped. The formula also is note-worthy. It is blendable but still doesn’t get lost. Very gorgeous. The smallest amount will definitely be enough.
L to R:
MAC Refined MSF, MAC Blonde MSF, theBalm Mary Lou-Manizer, Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous, Guerlain Meteorites in Teint Beige.
L to R: Guerlain Meteorites in Teint Beige (essientially undetectable in this picture but gorgeous in real life), Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous, theBalm Mary Lou-Manizer, MAC Blonde MSF, MAC Refined MSF
L to R:
Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer #10, RBR SoN, NARS Orgasm Illuminator, NARS Copacabana Illuminator, Clarins Instant Light Complexion Perfector in Champagne Bronze
Hope you enjoyed my favorite highlighters. Now, tell me!!!! What is your favorite highlighter–what do you think I should try (or even review). I am open to suggestions. Leave it in the comments below. As always, thank you for stopping by!!!