Weight has always been a struggle for me. From a young age I was always more “solid” than other kids. For a while in my teens I thinned out quite a bit but my adult life has been a roller coaster of ups and downs. Both times I got close to my goal weight I ended up getting pregnant and more or less gaining it all back and then some. I am happy to say that both times I got down near my goal weight I was actually using alli® weight loss aid for overweight adults 18 years and older, so there is a common denominator there. It is spring now, so bikini season is right around the corner and I am completely motivated to get my body back.
alli® prevents about 25% of the fat you eat from being absorbed, which I think is pretty cool. . I do make an effort to eat healthy, but sometimes you need a little added help and I think that alli® does that wonderfully. For every 2 pounds you lose through diet and exercise, alli® can help you lose 1 more.* Think about all the time and effort you put into losing those 2 pounds and think about how much faster you can get to your goal if you are losing an additional pound during the same amount of time. So instead of losing 10 lbs you could lose 15. YASSS! 2 to 1 doesn’t sound like a big deal but when you multiply that by a larger number it really adds up.
This isn’t one of those “lose the weight quick” sorts of fad diets or magical pill. You actually have to put in the work and thought to losing weight. Think of alli® as a weight control friend that is there to hold your hand, fuel optimism, and push you further to reach your goals faster. Just stick to a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet – and alli® can help maximize your efforts.
A few tips that I have learned along the way are as follows:
- Start Small – If you aren’t used to working out and get winded easily then start with something as simple as brisk walking. Everything you do helps; so don’t ever think that any exercise is too small.
- Build – Once you are no longer winded by whatever you were previously doing, like walking or jogging, you build on that and push yourself a little harder. Add 5-10 minutes onto your workout routine or step it up to running instead of walking.
- Accountability – Holding yourself accountable can be difficult, but record your workouts and food consumption somewhere like a planner or in your phone. Check back often and make sure you are sticking to your plan to reach your goal. You know the old saying, “Failing to plan is planning to fail.” It is true.
Plan your workouts, meals and visit myalli.com for advice and information! Tell me in the comments below some tips or tricks you do to help you lose weight. Your comment will enter you to win a $100 Visa gift card!
*alli (orlistat 60 mg capsules) is for weight loss in overweight adults, 18 years and older, when used along with a reduced-calorie and low-fat diet. Follow label directions.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “NO PURCHASE NECESSARY,” “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 6/3/2016 – 6/30/2016
Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by alli® or GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
My Newest Addiction at times reviews products provided by PR companies. This is disclosed at the top of those posts. We also use affiliate links. For more, please see the disclosure page.