This #ShareYourCheesy shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
If you have never had a Monte Cristo sandwich in our life you have no idea what you are missing out on. The restaurant I usually get them from has sadly moved out of the area so I had to figure out how to make one myself. I personally don’t do much deep frying, which the original sandwich calls for, so I adapted it to fit my lifestyle. Here is my recipe for Homemade Monte Cristo Grilled Cheese!
If you have tasted this yummy goodness before I am sure that you are very familiar with the powdered sugar and raspberry preserves being put on a ham and cheese sandwich but if you haven’t had one this probably came as a bit of a shock. Let me tell you… it is like all of your tastebuds come together for a mini explosion with each bite. You have the hearty and salty flavors in the sandwich topped with the sweetness of the sugar and preserves.
My son is actually the reason I thought of this Homemade Monte Cristo Grilled Cheese recipe is because my son loves dipping his grilled cheese in jelly (Don’t ask me where he came up with it, I have no idea.) and a lightbulb went off in my head. I don’t know why I had never thought to do it myself before.
It is hard to imagine my life without these yummy, delicious Homemade Monte Cristo Grilled Cheese sandwiches now.
- 4 slices of Wonder Bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of Blue Bonnet spread
- 2 slices of Krafts Singles Cheese
- 6-10 deli slices of ham
- 1 teaspoon of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of raspberry preserves
- Turn your oven on low and put your pan on the eye so that it can heat up evenly to prepare for cooking. Add just a touch of Blue Bonnet spread. It will dissolve into a liquid when the pan is getting warm.
- Whisk together 2 eggs in a shallow dish to dip the bread in. The original Monte Cristo is fried so creating a thicker batter on the bread makes it more like the original.
- Allow a tablespoon of Blue Bonnet spread to dissolve in the pan and then place the dipped bread, 2 slices at a time, in next.
- once you have browned up both sides of the bread add the ham and cheese and flip the sandwich a couple times until the cheese has melted making the sandwich stick together.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with raspberry preserves.
- Repeat for second sandwich
And I love that I can make my favorite indulgence with stuff that is already in my pantry. I always have Kraft Singles, Wonder Bread, and Blue Bonnet Spread in my kitchen.
And if I didn’t I would just run to Walmart and pick them up, like I do every week. Because let’s face it, these three things are staples that I purchase week after week.
I hope you found my recipe for Homemade Monte Cristo Grilled Cheese to be super simple and easy to follow. If you didn’t want to add the sweetness to it then just leave off the sugar and preserves. #BOOM Delicious.
If you need more inspiration, check out the Cooking Up Good website. It has recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more! What’s not to love? If you’re looking for a new dinner idea or a chance to win some awesome prizes, be sure to check it out!
Tell me your favorite way to enjoy a grilled cheese sandwich and don’t forget to share your cheesy creation with hashtag #ShareYourCheesy #Entry to join in on the Instagram Contest and fun!
My Newest Addiction at times reviews products provided by PR companies. This is disclosed at the top of those posts. We also use affiliate links. For more, please see the disclosure page.