Thanksgiving is THIS WEEK you guys! That blows my mind. I feel like I was just driving to my hometown in Mississippi a few months ago to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family. I am happy to share with you a twist on a simple classic recipe that is sure to knock everyone’s socks off. Green Bean Casserole with Bacon. Yes. You read it correctly. BACON! YUM! I mean, seriously, come on. What side dish isn’t better by adding a little bacon?
I have been into test driving recipes for the big day and I recently made this recipe after seeing it on emeals.com and was completely blown away! My husband’s absolute favorite dish for any meal is Green Bean Casserole, but his love for bacon runs even deeper so I knew this would be a winner from the jump!
- 2 (12-oz) packages steam-in-bag green beans
- 1 (8-oz) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15-oz) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1 (2.8-oz) container French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook beans in microwave as directed. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Sauté mushrooms in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat 10 to 12 minutes, stirring once after 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add to beans in bowl.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp. Crumble bacon, and add to beans. Reserve 1 Tbsp drippings in skillet. Cook onion and garlic in drippings until tender. Add to beans. Stir in Alfredo sauce and cheese.
- Spoon into a greased baking dish. Sprinkle with French fried onions. Bake 20 minutes or until bubbly.
I hope you make this recipe yourself and fawn all over it. Please tell me in the comments below what your favorite side dish is for the holidays. I may try and create my version!
My Newest Addiction at times reviews products provided by PR companies. This is disclosed at the top of those posts. We also use affiliate links. For more, please see the disclosure page.