Friday, August 31, 2012
I haven't played with my purple eyeshadows in a while and I had some time to kill so I decided to use the Laura Geller Amethyst Skies "quad" and I came up with a this look... After playing around too long I didn't have time to do my hair so PROMPTLY after this picture my hair went into a sock bun! LOL
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Some of my readers know that I am very, VERY southern. Due to moving quite often (because my husband is in the US Navy) I have lost a lot of my accent but it only takes a split second of chatting with a fellow southerner to pull it all back out. One thing that comes with a southerner is a touch of pride: pride in oneself, pride in where they are from, and pride in the success of other southerners. Polish & Co. is a North Carolina based nail polish company, and I am proud that they southern and sassy!
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
My latest Taupe-tastic Tuesday was all about Guerlain Holy Smoke loose eyeshadow. It is one of my most favorite taupes and it was quite popular with all of you as well. I had several requests to show a look using the eyeshadow so I decided to go ahead and do a look with it for you!!
I am a big fan of a nice, softened smoky eyes so that is what I tend to do on myself most often. I did a small winged eyeliner as well.
I did go to work today so I wanted to keep it very conservative with all of the products I used...
Please excuse my crazy hair. It has been a horrendous mess of weather lately and I wasn't too concerned with styling my hair this morning because I knew it would be a rat's nest as soon as I walked out my front door.
Too Faced BB Cream in Nude Glow
It Cosmetics concealer in Medium and Tan mixed
Besame Cosmetics Brightening Violet Loose Powder
Chanel Fandango JC
Laura Mercier Lotus Pink layered onto apple of cheek
Bare Escentuals Brightening Pearl Mineral Veil as highlight on cheekbones (very subtle--I love it)
Revlon Brow Fantasy
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Laura Mercier cream eyeshadow in Platinum
Guerlain Holy Smoke
Josie Maran Valentine
Josie Maran Cinnamon
Smashbox cream liner in Onyx
Revitalash eyeliner in Raven used to tightline
It Cosmetics Hello Lashes (OMG--Instant HG product)
Giorgio Armani Rouge D'Armani in Beige 102
Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker in Baby Doll
Lots of products for such a simple look, don't ya think? My looks may look very common and ordinary but I honestly put a lot of love into creating my looks and trying to hide the bad and emphasize the good. Hope you guys enjoyed this look. I don't do these types of post as often as I used to but I do enjoy being able to show you guys what makeup I am wearing lately and what it actually looks like on me. I think one of the reasons I don't post more FOTDs is because I feel like I do a lot of similar looks, just switching out the products... I hate to bore you all but I know what looks work best for me. Let me know if you would like to see more looks from me in... and if so, anything specific?
*Some of the products mentioned in this post were sent for editorial consideration. I was not asked to do a look with any of those items, I used the products because I like them and they work for me.
If you have been following me for any length of time or just looked at a few "Face of the Day" posts you will likely have noticed my earrings. I get lots of comments on the jewelry that I wear day to day and earrings are the biggest question. Everyone wants to know where I get my earrings from. I shop all over the place but today I want to share with you a pair of Black Diamond Accent Huggie Earrings in Sterling Silver from Shadora.com.
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
I am all about creams and gels for my under eye area as well as pots of balm for my lips, but I am also a big fan of convenience. Creams/balms require you to get hands on with the product, and even though that isn't necessarily a bad thing the lazier I can be the better. Reviva Labs Vitamin E Stick is an absolute godsend, and its such a multi-use product.
Red lips are a major Fall 2012 beauty trend and I, for one, and excited. A lot of people think they can't wear red lips for whatever reason and I am happy to share with you an a way to make them more wearable. Jennifer Bradley Luscious Lips Combo has 3 products that will create the perfect day-to-night luscious, red lips!
Monday, August 27, 2012
Today's feature on Taupe-tastic Tuesday is one that you can't get anymore unfortunately. I wouldn't normally torture you like that (or would I?) but I FINALLY found it the other day lost deep into my blush drawer. I have been searching for it for a long time now and I was so excited to have found it I have been wearing it non-stop. It is a loose pigment by Guerlain called Holy Smoke.
As many of you already know, NARS is coming out with an Andy Warhol collection for the holiday season. It is the largest collection that they have ever done in a collaboration. It is broken down into three parts, the Color Collection, the Silver Factory Collection, and the Pop Collection. In this part I am going to share with you the "Color Collection".
Sunday, August 26, 2012
Over the weekend my GlossyBox US arrived on my door-step. I have really become excited to see these boxes arrive, there is always something interesting in them that I have never tried. I say on GlossyBox's Instagram feed that they were going to be including a special product so it was only a matter of seconds before I was ripping the box open!
Another Monday has arrived! I wanted to show you two beautiful polishes I picked up recently. The forefinger and middle-finger are Deborah Lippmann Sugar Daddy and the other fingers are Swagga Like Us.
Sorry for the less than stellar picture. I have been ridiculously busy! Swagga Like Us is a dupe for Chanel Peridot and Sugar Daddy is a pretty gold with a lavender duo chrome. Sugar Daddy is probably my favorite. <3 SWOON! If you don't own any Deborah Lippmann polishes I think you should start with one of these.
Saturday, August 25, 2012
Before I was obsessed with cosmetics I had a deep deeeeeep love affair with shoes. I still do love shoes very much but rarely do I wear more than flip flops or sandals. I recently purchased these gorgeous wedge mules from JustFab.com.
Friday, August 24, 2012
I recently discovered an Etsy Boutique called Cooley Concepts full of unique handmade jewelry. Lots of fun jewelry for all different types of people.
Thursday, August 23, 2012
Recently I ran across some fellow beauty lovers discussing a nail polish sale and they were talking about which polishes they wanted to purchase. I took notice that the majority included a very specific color. When that many people love something I always feel the need to google it. When I did my jaw dropped and I immediately placed my order. The ones I chose to order were ManGlaze Mink Mitten and Fuck Off and Dye.
ManGlaze polishes are known for being the original matte nail polish. It is cruelty free as well as being big-3-toxin free. When I actually ordered these (online, unseen) I had no idea that these would be a matte finish. I was really confused too because they look so sparkly in the bottle. As I was applying the nail polish onto my nail it looked pretty and glittery and glossy. As it dried I just couldn't quit staring... It looked like frosted glass.
Do not get me wrong... You can see the sparkle or shimmer but it is encapsulated in a matte finish. It is the craziest, most awesome thing I have ever seen in person. And the texture... it feels soft and satiny... It lasted for days on my nails without any chipping AT ALL. I took it off because I wanted to play with other new goodies that I have received but I know that these nail polishes will be played with again, VERY SOON!
Mink Mitten is a gorgeous light purple/lavender/periwinkle shade with sparkles, and of course matte.
I wanted this one so much due to the gorgeous swatches I found online. I can't get over just how unique this one particular shade is. I think it became an INSTANT favorite among my ENTIRE collection.
Fuck Off and Dye is hot pink with gorgeous micro-shimmer.
I bought this one PURELY for the name. I am sorry if this nail polish name offends you, but I think it is quite awesome. I can't wait for someone to see it, love it, and ask me what it is called. >:) They are not going to know how to take me... I might get punched in the face and that excites me a bit! LOL Anyway! You should totally check out their Facebook page by clicking here!
Do you own anything from ManGlaze? If you do, which ones (I need more)? If not, which ones are you most interested in?
Have you ever had one of those days where your hair is just a frizzy mess? The days sometimes turn into weeks... then by the time you realize it a whole month has flown by. I recently tried out the Living Proof
Frizz line. I generally have frizz free hair, but recently in FL there has been a ton of storms rolling through and my frizz level was peaking! This line really helped get that under control!
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
TGIT!!! Thank Goodness It's Tuesday!
It has been raining a lot here lately and I like to do my swatching outside, so that has been nearly impossible. I was forced to do all of my pictures inside. But TA-DA!!! Today's Taupe-tastic Tuesday is featuring my favorite taupes from Fyrinnae.
You may be asking yourself, "Why does Laura have all of these taupes? They are all the same shade!" My answer to that is... I have a LOT of taupes, but none are the same. Each taupe I own is unique. It may be similar to another one here or there but I keep only the ones I love; I trade/give/sell away the ones that are "dupes" and keep the one with the superior texture.
Monday, August 20, 2012
Sunday, August 19, 2012
A while back I found the beautiful Island Girl Scented Cuticle Oils online and I immediately wanted them. I had just discovered the awesomeness of cuticle oils and I was Google-ing them for hours. The Island Girl brand is sold in Hawaii or online. Because I have a fear of ordering anything online without seeing it in person I asked a friend of mine, fellow military wife, who lives in Hawaii about the brand. She then told me she was going to send me some goodies! EEEP!
Saturday, August 18, 2012
I have been experimenting with different makeup removing techniques lately. 6 months ago I would just use a regular cleanser for my face because I was afraid of anything else. After breaking into oil cleansing I decided it was time to venture into others, just to test out and compare. The lastest one I have been trying is YBF Dual-Action Makeup Remover for Eyes and Lips.
Friday, August 17, 2012
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
You know the models you see in the ads of magazines or tv, yeah... the ones that don't have any pores or wrinkles and look like perfection? I know that they have been air-brushed to high heaven, but I have trialed different primers here and there to try and achieve a similar look--mostly ending in disappointment. Reviva Labs Makeup Primer is the best one I have found to aid me in my never-ending attempt at a flawless face.
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
I don't do tutorials, or videos in general, very often... I am excited to bring you a look that I enjoy doing randomly. I woke up this past weekend REALLY late and I had a million things to go and do... so WHAT DO I DO? Film a tutorial... I knew what I was going to do for my eyes because it has been a go-to look for me for weeks, but the rest was all a surprise (even to me).
Monday, August 13, 2012
Hello again beautiful people! I just wanted to check with you to see if any of you have watched any of the awesome BlogHerTV videos?
I don't know if you realized this, but at the bottom of the pop-up screen there are actually 3 different topics available. Home & Cooking, Fashion & Beauty, and Humor & Inspiration. If you have seen all of one, feel free to click to a different topic! Maybe you need a new recipe for something coming up or just need a laugh!!!
Anyway, thanks for being so supportive! :) If there is one video in particular that stands out, please let me know in the comments below! Maybe I missed that one!
Sunday, August 12, 2012
I was feeling blues this past week and I played around with a lot of them! Essie Bikini So Teeny and Essie Stroke of Brilliance paired perfectly together so I went for this look! It is copying a past look I did using different colors, I know... I just like the way this mani works out!
I basically pained all my nails with Bikini So Teeny and then topped my ring finger off with Stroke of Brilliance, I then taped off my other fingers and did a glittery french tip! No hidden secrets or hard-to-follow steps... You need 3 things, your hands, your polish, and tape! :D
Hope you enjoyed this Manic(ure) Monday! I sure enjoyed showing you! Have you picked up anything from the more recent Essie lines?
*The product(s) mentioned in this post were provided through the perk program from Klout because I am an Influencer.
- Enter Mai's first Birthday Giveaway to win the Limited Edition Sugarpill Cosmetics @#$%! Eyeshadow .
- It doesn't matter old you are, Hello Kitty is for the young at heart."Kitty's" created a fragrance, and it arrives in truly cute kitty fashion. The Advice Sisters gives you the scoop on this adorable (and wearable) fragrance.
- Retrodiva's Beauty has decided on her look for the fall - and it's very unusual for her. It's all neutrals with a retro twist. Check out Anastasia of Beverly Hills' She Wears It Well palette and all the looks Retrodiva was able to re-create.
- If you love high quality multitasking products that are gorgeous and a joy to use- then behold Le Métier de Beauté's Créme Fresh Tint for Lip and Cheek in Poppy & Mystique! Lola's Secret Beauty Blog LOVES these!
- This week on Emily Hudspeth, hair design and makeup artist's blog, its been all about nails. We are wrapping up the week with a give away from Julep, the nail polish sample box. Enter to win a sample box from Julep!
- Need summer hairstyle ideas? TheFabZilla shows you this quick and fun hairstyle called "The Spiral".
- Confessions of a Sarcastic Mom spotlights some of the gorgeous polishes from various Layla Cosmetics collections.
- Phyrra is giving away a $100 Too Faced Gift Card!
- Midnight Manicures brings you a dazzling baby girl nail art manicure using It's So Easy Nail Art products.
- Can't get enough of neutral palettes? Check out the new Anastasia Beverly Hills She Wears It Well eyeshadow palette over at BeautyTidbits.
- The Nail Network shares swatches of the stunning new OPI DS shades for fall, Luxuious and Indulgence!
- Wait until you hear about the new nail polish brand, LACC, La Couleur Couture, thatPolarbelle found at Cosmoprof 2012!!
- NYX Cosmetics has introduced a new approach to eyeliner - ergonomics! Check outBeautyJudy's review and swatches of The Curve Liner.
- Ashley from Peek & Ponder shares her review of the She Wears It Well eye shadow palette by Anastasia.
- Laura from My Newest Addiction Beauty Blog has fallen in love with another taupe, NARS Lhasa!
- Oh So Lacquered falls head over heels for Orly Preamp.
- Connie from Mimi's Mani's shares some eyeshadows with anti-aging ingredients for her aging eyes!
- Stephanie Louise- All Things Beautiful is ready for fall nail colors! Here is Zoya's Diva Collection. I promise you'll want AT LEAST one!
- Beauty Info Zone has two giveaways this week. Come see what goodies you can win.
- REVIEW: Salon Grafix Conditioning Cleanser. Shades Of Beauty, Inc blog asks, do I need to spend the money on WEN by Chez Dean?
- Sheila from Painted Ladies shares three simple steps to smooth, callus-free feet in the latest Breaking Down Beauty.
- Check out Miss L´s from Beauty by Miss L eye makeup look done using only blue from MAC Dynamic Duo 2 and Blackout from Urban Decay Naked 2 palette.
- Making Up the Midwest gets a little messy with her spilled paint nail tutorial!
- Summer may be drawing to a close, but beauty trends are still heating up. Check outThe Lacquered Lady'smust-have summer beauty products.
- Short nails can be cute nails! Check out this easy dotting tool manicure atCosmetics Aficionado.
- Sarah from Scottish Beauty Blog finds out how to get flawless makeup with Laura Mercier's national makeup artist, Chris Howells.
- BB Cream is a huge beauty trend these days, and Christina from Curls N Pearlsdecided to give the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream a try. Was she sold on it? Check out the review here!
- Pammy Blogs Beauty is Too Faced's "Beauty Blogger of the Month" (Level 3) for August 2012! Come check out the announcement post and a $25.00 Too Faced Gift Card Giveaway!!!
- Head to Spontaneous Chick to find out why she loves Cristophe hair products and findout if they're right for you.
- Get golden eyes this Summer!
- Don't let becoming a sweaty mess keep you from getting your workout done! Mama Fashionista shares some beauty essentials that will help you keep it together!
- Need a lift? Check out GG Gatsby's Over-the-top Root Lift Spray!
- Are you an AVEENO Active Natural? Hello Dollface wants you to learn more about it and enter to win some cool gardening tools!
- Olympians aren't the only ones sporting gold right now. Check out Blushing Basicsfor tips on what golds are available for you.
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim 2013 continues to steam up the beauty scenes with innovative hairstyles and thanks to TRESemme's Matthew Curtis, from the UK -- Elite Socialistas grants you access to these sexy hair trends -- haute off the runway!
- Brooke from BlushingNoir dives into the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and surfaces with an exclusive Chanel Quad! See how to apply a neutral, smoky eye with Rives!
Saturday, August 11, 2012
It is already that time again.... August sample subscriptions are rolling out! I got this Sample Society box from BeautyBar.com days ago but it has been a raining mess for days and I finally caught some sunshine.
Friday, August 10, 2012
I hope everyone is enjoying their Friday. I wanted to make a quick announcement.
INGLOT Cosmetics is having a 20% off sale from now until August 20th. All you have to do to enjoy the discount is enter the code "BIRTHDAY" while you are checking out.
*Image provided from PR for brand. All links are for your convenience only.
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Recently I have been very much into hair care due to the fact that it has gotten ridiculously long. Maybe the reason it has gotten long is because I have been into hair care... Whichever the case, no one every usually thinks about caring for their scalp. Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy is a product that targets both to create stronger healthier hair.
Sunscreen is a very important product to use all year long, but especially during the summer months. Most sunscreens are thick and smell not-so-great. They don't usually rub into the skin very easily and can leave you feeling sticky. Hawaiian Tropic has remedied those problems with their Silk Hydration Lotion Sunscreen.