I haven’t done a “Monthly Favorites” in a couple of months. I have really just been unmotivated. The things that I love are the things that I review. I don’t review LOTS of things I try because I don’t feel compelled to talk about them. I am going to let this post stand as my past two months of favorites. My Newest Addiction’s Favorite Highlighters and Bronzers.
I tried to stick to the things I reach for the most. That being said, I try to use something different all the time for review purposes but these are my tried and true. I numbered the next picture because that is the only way I could keep this post semi-organized without telling you over and over which was what.
(1) Rouge Bunny Rouge Sea of Nectar is a gorgeous highlight that is somewhere between a rose gold color and a light copper. It has a fabulous refined shimmer/sheen and smells delightful. Because of the actual shade people may tend to wear it more in the summer but it really is beautiful all year round. I started wearing it during the winter months and I loved it. It retails for $55 for 30ml of product at beautyhabit.com and zuneta.com.
(2) Guerlain Meteorites in Teint Beige is a beautiful product. A lot of times I use it as an all over face powder, but when I go for a matte look I love to highlight with this product because it doesn’t take away from the matte effect, it just really illuminates the high points of the face. The best way I can describe it is glowy. It retails for $58 and is sold at Nordstrom, Sephora, and anywhere else Guerlain is sold.
(3) Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous is a gorgeous Limited Edition rose gold highlighter. It has a gorgeous metallic (but can be subtle) shimmer/sheen. You can find Laura Mercier products at Sephora, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales, and anywhere else Laura Mercier Cosmetics are sold.
(4) NARS Copacabana Illuminator is absolutely gorgeous. I don’t have this in full size. I got a generous sample of this from Sephora a while back and will be purchasing the full size very soon. This one is close to being dried up because the container they stick them in aren’t air tight. I have had it a long time now but a little goes a long way. It retails for $30 and can be found at NARS, Sephora, Nordstrom, Beauty.com, Barney’s, and anywhere else NARS is sold.
(5) Edward Bess Ultra Luminous Daydream Bronzer is a gorgeous bronzer. The one I have is in the older packaging. It is best described as a subtle tan color. This bronzer retails for $45 and the only place that I know that sells this is Sephora.
(6) Too Faced Chocolate Soliel bronzer in Chocolate is a gorgeous matte medium-deep colored bronzer. It smells like chocolate (and even tastes like it–no I didn’t lick it but when the particles are flying in the air you can taste it!) It is actually made with real cocoa in it so that is fabulous. It retails for $29 and you can find it at a lot of locations. SkincareRX, Sephora, Ulta, and anywhere else you can find Too Faced products.
Here are the swatches in order, left to right, of the way they are numbered in the pictures above.
RBR SoN, Guerlain Ballz, LM RR, NARS Copacabana, EB Daydream, TF Chocolate Soliel.
Same order as above, but indoors with flash.
They are gorgeous aren’t they? What is your favorite highlighter and bronzer? I would love to know! I am always expanding my collection. Tell me in the comments below!
*This post was not sponsored in any way, each of the items I purchased with my own money. I am, however, making use of affiliate links.
My Newest Addiction at times reviews products provided by PR companies. This is disclosed at the top of those posts. We also use affiliate links. For more, please see the disclosure page.
I'm Laura!I am a Navy wife and mother of two.I am passionate about all things beauty.I am a freelance makeup artist and because I am a mommy I am also a list of other things, including: chef, maid, chauffeur, dry cleaner, and I could go on.I am currently in Florida but who knows where I will be in a year's time!So grab a drink and read through my beauty tips, swatches, reviews, and other crazy parts of my life!